This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: rename() cannot replace the file which is opened with writable access
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent)" <Kenneth dot Nellis at conduent dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:30:13 +0000
- Subject: RE: rename() cannot replace the file which is opened with writable access
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Masamichi Hosoda
> If I understand correctly,
> POSIX behavior should be able to replace the writable opened file by
> But, It does not work on my Cygwin environment.
> Is it no problem if Cygwin's behavior is different from POSIX behavior?
> If so, we need different application handling for Cygwin and POSIX.
I thought it would be informative to respond by referring the OP
to a section of the Cygwin User's Guide or FAQ that mentioned the
limitations of Cygwin, but I could not find it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple