This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installer request: Remember state of final checkboxes between runs
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 16:41:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: Installer request: Remember state of final checkboxes between runs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPsu6LgvOPgOaV+x5Ljv4sC4bCy0oGG_dtZhFtu3gH5RFnFvng@mail.gmail.com>
On 13/01/2017 16:14, Brian Mathis wrote:
Every time the installer is run, it asks to create an icon on the
desktop. I do not want an icon on my desktop, and I have to uncheck
this box every time. I have probably done this 100 times since I've
been using Cygwin over the years.
The installer should remember that this option was declined and
default the checkbox to that state on the next run.
there are some options available for this
-N --no-startmenu Disable creation of start menu shortcut
-d --no-desktop Disable creation of desktop shortcut
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple