This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows Path issue with maven/java on cygwin ("/C:/cygwin64/git...")
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Chris Brokes <brokesc at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 23:36:01 +0300
- Subject: Re: Windows Path issue with maven/java on cygwin ("/C:/cygwin64/git...")
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp2m.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Chris Brokes!
> I can confirm that the files listed exist.
> If you type the path as any of the following:
> /cygdrive/c/cygwin64/git/ <continue path as appropriate>
> C:/cygwin64/git/ <continue path as appropriate>
> /git/ <continue path as appropriate>
> The issue apparently is the leading "/"
No, the issue is that you're trying to mix native and Cygwin tools with not
much of an understanding.
> So...my question goes like this:
> a) is there something in my configuration which is causing this? (i.e.
> should I have the linux version of java installed under cygwin or am I
> missing a setting someplace?)
Mating Cynwin and Windows tools is possible, but tricky and requires clear
understanding of implications.
> b) is there a fix/hack I can apply to cause the leading / to be a non
> issue? (i.e. a ln configured a specific way or an alias? I've attempted
> both but neither seem to have fixed the issue...possibly because I
> didn't setup the correction properly?)
You should probably look into native git port. Or host a VM with native Linux
environment for your compilation needs.
> c) has anyone seen anything like this? due to the special characters
> involved, searching was relatively useless (just about every search
> found me C/C++/gcc related results...)
These two links should be a good read:
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
With best regards,
Saturday, January 14, 2017 23:32:44
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple