This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue with delayed process start and effect on Windows 10
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "Paul Kitchen" <pkitchen at talk21 dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 18:24:14 +0300
- Subject: Re: Issue with delayed process start and effect on Windows 10
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp3p.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Paul Kitchen!
> During a script run initiated in the Cygwin terminal, I noticed that after a
> very short while, the execution would slow down to a crawl. The script was
> running but in very slow motion.
> I looked at the sequence of events using a windows sysinternals tool and
> found that there is a delay in starting (forking?) a new command (e.g. ls)
> of precisely 20 seconds which is strange. The script runs normally but very
> very slowly.
> I noticed a side effect too. After the slowing down in Cygwin, certain
> windows apps behaved the same way as though there was cross contamination
> from Cygwin. Windows Task Manager takes about 40 second to appear and same
> for the Windows Command Window. Flash extension in the Chrome browser would
> continuously fail to start. To repair the situation I had to reboot. To
> make sure that Cygwin was not still active, I aborted all bash.exe processes
> that were running and the problem continued to persist.
> Is this a known problem? For me it makes Cygwin completely unusable which
> is a pity.
To me it sounds you are using domain offline logon.
In any case,
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
With best regards,
Thursday, February 2, 2017 18:23:38
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple