This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: octave forge packages
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 18:52:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: octave forge packages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <87zii2rlya.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On 04/02/2017 16:54, Achim Gratz wrote:
Marco Atzeri writes:
This package wastes over 800MiB of rebase space, I assume by reserving
COMMON arrays of about 200MiB across four octave object files. Could
you please check if that's really necessary? As it stands now, you
really _dont_ want to install that package on a 32bit Cygwin, as it is
almost certain to break something else.
I will look again
It is a bug from the upstream code.
I tried to patch it last year but I was not successful,
I will look again.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple