This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is it OK to mount cygdrive on / ? (usually, but may not be as portable).
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "L. A. Walsh" <cygwin at tlinx dot org>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 11:48:13 +0300
- Subject: Re: Is it OK to mount cygdrive on / ? (usually, but may not be as portable).
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp2p.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <CAPzS6u_N5qnKOYJejdxfBWCzbc3tn=iyqEEyP5E_Vwp7RCC-KA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <58965AF8.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, L. A. Walsh!
>> If you want to access Windows path, recommended route lies through the use of
>> cygpath utility to convert native paths to the Cygwin scheme. Et vice versa.
> I wouldn't recommend that -- it's too hard to type:
I didn't say "typing" anywhere.
I did mean permanent use, i.e. scripting.
With best regards,
Sunday, February 5, 2017 11:47:10
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple