Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.7.4

Achim Gratz writes:
> Thomas Wolff writes:
>> Is this within tmux or after leaving tmux (see comment below)? It
>> would be help to cross-test this; if it's mintty, which version would
>> show the behaviour first? What happens in xterm?
> Within tmux or more often screen within tmux.  I'll have to try what
> happens in plain mintty.

OK, it's more… interesting than I first thought.  I can reproduce it
when setting up a screen session inside tmux and I might need to be
connected to the screen session via mosh.  It doesn't consistently
happen even then.  I first thought it had something to do with my
setting TERM to xterm-256color, but it happens with screen-256color as
well.  I've had the issue appear when switching the TERM variable to
xterm-256color and it didn't go away when I've reverted to
screen-256color.  I've meanwhile confirmed I get the same problem when
I'm running under screen-256color all the way from the first shell.

> No, I don't think it's related to that issue and I haven't changed my
> prompt in years.  It's specifically happening only on the last line in
> the terminal window with the first character that should wrap onto the
> next line and not anywhere else and only when scrolling the window
> happens.  If the shell has lost the correct terminal geometry, then it's
> wrong on all lines of the terminal, not just the last in my experience.

I can actually provoke this by simply typing in a too long line: when
the last character in the last line gets entered, the terminal opens a
new line below, scrolling the content up one line (and keeping the
status line of the tmux in place on the _real_ last line).  It then
scrolls up another line, repeats the the first character of the prompt
on the original line and appends any further characters entered after
that character.