This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [test]: grep-3.0-2
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:42:20 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [test]: grep-3.0-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 11:43:13, cyg Simple wrote:
There are as many ways to remove the \r as there are ways to create
Not really, if you are interested in POSIX compliance. POSIX Sed does not
support \r or \xD or \15. Same for POSIX Vim. The only portable tools I know are
awk and tr.
As I said before, d2u is certainly a good tool for this, but it is not portable
and some people do care about that.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple