Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dash-0.5.9.1-1

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:12:47, Duncan Roe wrote:
"we" being you and who else?
/bin/sh has been bash for a long time and I would prefer it stays that way.

“That’s the way it’s always been done” is not a good reason to keep doing
something. /bin/sh has been defined for 20 years, and it is not Bash:

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xcu/sh.html

If you want to write a Bash script, you should be using #!/bin/bash, not
#!/bin/sh. If we are to continue using Bash, it should be for a good reason,
like the one Eric presented, not just because you want to save 2 characters on
your shebang line.