This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
thousands of NTLM requests per day
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:17:06 -0500
- Subject: thousands of NTLM requests per day
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I got a call from our domain admins, asking me if I knew why my Windows 7
host would be sending many thousands of NTLMv1 authentication requests per
day. I don't know, and we're still trying to find out which application is
doing that, but here's what I wonder:
Could Cygwin be responsible for the authentication requests? I wonder about
this because Cygwin now queries Windows for user and group information that
used to be kept statically in /etc/passwd and /etc/group.
I don't know much about this. Sorry if it's an obtuse question. Any general
information would be appreciated.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple