This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl: Can't compile Module::Build::Tiny (required by Perl::Critic)
- From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum dot mit dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 07:54:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: Perl: Can't compile Module::Build::Tiny (required by Perl::Critic)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK-n8j6--piDHJ5SV6tAs6x08iGii-TMvW=6sLfdiL2xaDoCjw@mail.gmail.com> <874lz6z18j.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Most likely a new test. Testing for read-only status quite often doesn't work
> as expected on Windows due to write/change access being granted by some DACL
> somewhere up the directory chain (or when you are in the Administrators
> group or some other group with similar access rights). The module
> builds just fine for me, BTW (but then I'm not using cpan). Ignore the
> failing test and force install.
Thanks, Achim. I have Perl::Critic installed now.
Jim Reisert AD1C, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, http://www.ad1c.us
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple