This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
tcsh bug regarding rmstar
- From: Takashi Yano <takashi dot yano at nifty dot ne dot jp>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 20:47:51 +0900
- Subject: tcsh bug regarding rmstar
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 conssluserg-03.nifty.com v2HBlnj0028060
Today, I noticed a strange behaviour of tcsh regarding rmstar.
32 bit version of tcsh 6.20.00 stops until interrupted by ^C
when executing 'rm *', if 'rmstar' is set.
This can be reproduced by following steps.
--- form here ---
--- to here ---
I looked into this problem, and found the culprit is that a variable
is defined as inappropriate type. That is, the type of auto variable
'c', defined in function getYN() in sh.func.c, should not be int,
I cannot reproduce this with 64 bit version, but the issue should
potentially exists in it.
It seems that this is the known issue, and is already fixed in HEAD
I hope this bug will be fixed in the next release.
Takashi Yano <email@example.com>
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple