Re: fork() fails if it is called recursively from a child thread.

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 2:29 AM, Takashi Yano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 21:10:36 +0100 Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> Thanks for the report and especially the testcase.
>>
>> It was a tricky problem to debug so it took me a while, but I think
>> I got it now.
>>
>> I uploaded new developer snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>>
>> Please give them a try.  I'd be also interested if that fixes the iperf
>> problem.  Can you check?  There's always a chance that this uncovers
>> another problem hidden under this one...
>
> I tested the new snapshot, and confirmed the issue was fixed.
> The test case as well as iperf 2.0.5 with options -s -D works
> without problem.
>
> At least in my short test, I couldn't find any other hidden
> problems.
>
> Thank you very much!

Thanks for this!  I found the same bug a few weeks ago but never got
around to finding a simple-enough way to reproduce it so I didn't
report it yet.  But this fixed the test code I did have, and from
looking at the description it should be the same bug.  Very subtle.

Thanks,
Erik