This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Very Slow Setup Parsing / was Re: Segmentation Faults
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:10:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: Very Slow Setup Parsing / was Re: Segmentation Faults
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 3/22/2017 11:59 AM, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
I've now downloaded a complete cygwin mirror
onto a networked storage, done a new install, and
cygwin works OK again. However, doing updates or
package installs is (1) extremely slow, and (2) giving
a below reported permissions problem.
(1) Slowness. After the setup initial steps and pointing
to the local install location, I get to the following display
for 10s of minutes to hours (see log excerpt farther down).
It eventually goes to the next step. There is a very
low, steady network traffic during the delay. This
storage and network is usually fast for other things,
including during actual package installs.
You might want to checkout the '-m --mirror-mode' option to setup.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple