On 3/20/2017 6:49 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 15:06:26, cyg Simple wrote:
>> This really isn't a Cygwin issue as I see it.  What occurs if you run
>> your mingw32.exe in a CMD command window?  This may be a mintty issue
>> but certainly not because of Cygwin itself.  But even the mintty case is
>> dependent on the results you see in CMD.
> Wrong. Somewhere between the Cygwin, Bash and Readline this got messed up:
> On Thu, 02 Feb 2017 17:50:55, Steven Penny wrote:
>> Correction again, this nightmare keeps getting worse. Using this test:
>>     %ö
>> Pasting fails for every recent combination. The only fix I found was
>> falling
>> back to bash-4.3.48 and libreadline7-6.3.8. Please fix this, starting
>> to make my
>> head hurt.

Which goes to further state that this isn't Cygwin but a library package
used by bash.  Cygwin is the POSIX glue to the packages; I know that
everyone wants to think of the entire set as Cygwin but that isn't
really true.  Cygwin is managing to present these characters without
issue with other packages.

cyg Simple