This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 3-line Emacs window after Gnome updates
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 17:02:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: 3-line Emacs window after Gnome updates
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK-n8j4LH+xRRk=VcEG-5MFxwXCJ+BWkouy+4Fuam=Fns+Demail@example.com> <CAK-n8j7NBYf9WKxcaH5j7dV3fboKsWMHiGSLKdkyrUq-45EdVA@mail.gmail.com>
n 3/23/2017 1:18 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
Yaakov released a ton of Gnome updates Wednesday 3/22. Now when I
start Emacs in an xterm, I get the following error, and the resulting
Emacs window is only 3-lines tall:
I can confirm this.
** (emacs:8440): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus
address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process
org.a11y.Bus exited with status 1
I see this when I log in as an administrator, but not when I'm an
ordinary user. We've discussed this before, and I think it's harmless.
0 [main] emacs 8440 dlclose:
C:\Cygwin64\lib\gio\modules\cyggsettingsgconfbackend.dll count 1
260 [main] emacs 8440 dll_list::detach: HERE
I don't see this...
(emacs:8260): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to Emacs 0x6004de270
without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height().
... or this.
How does the
code know the size to allocate?
Do you have an emacs.geometry setting in your ~/.Xresources? Or any
kind of size setting in your emacs initialization files? If not, I
guess emacs or X11 has a default.
I'll look into the 3-line window and see if I can figure out what's
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple