This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
change in wget logfile behavior
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 21:30:14 -0400
- Subject: change in wget logfile behavior
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Recently, I guess since wget was upgraded to 1.19, whenever I run wget I get a
bonus message on the console:
Redirecting output to ‘wget-log’.
And sure enough, wget creates the file ~/wget-log, which is usually empty.
This behavior is annoying, and new. It can be worked around by putting
logfile = /dev/stderr
Eric, I guess you're aware of this change. Would you consider putting the above
into the default /etc/wgetrc, so people don't have to make the chnage separately
on all of their hosts?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple