This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup-x86_64 and Cygwin 64 Latest Updates - Packages NOT Upgraded
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 10:07:31 -0600
- Subject: Re: Setup-x86_64 and Cygwin 64 Latest Updates - Packages NOT Upgraded
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <832845fb-1518-8c64-2aeb-b2afe951f023@SystematicSw.ab.ca> <8760ioe8qd.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-04-01 04:13, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Brian Inglis writes:
>> @ libproj9
>> version: 4.9.2-1
>> @ libslang2
>> version: 2.3.1a-1
>> @ perl-Carp
>> version: 1.38-1
>> Are dependencies only auto-updated when the manually picked
>> packages that depend on them are?
> No, but the last two packages need manual updating because setup
> considers the version on disk newer than the one offered. At least
> for perl-Carp there was a version override in place when upstream
> changed their numbering scheme.
Done that and uninstalled libproj9 as it is still in requires: for
[prev] releases with libproj12 for current releases, except for
libgeotiff2 which only shows libproj9 not libproj12.
> I think in this case the -f/--force-current option to setup would
> pick up the correct version also.
>> Could these packages now be orphans if their original manually
>> picked parent packages changed their dependencies?
> Well, probably the easiest way to see if they're orphan packages is
> by using the -o/--delete-orphans option to setup and check on the
> Pending page which packages it wants to remove.
Thanks Achim, I was unsure how safe that would be, but I will do that
as long as I know it shows on Pending. Should run on 32 as well as it
has been around for 5 years in current setup.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple