Re: Cygwin install is broken v-a-vis dependencies

On 03/04/2017 23:54, Dan Kegel wrote:

Dan,
No TOP post here please

That probably just means there have been updates since
last time you installed, and it's trying to update things
you installed before (or that get installed by default).

Try running setup, don't change anything, and let it finish.
That will grab all the updates you need.  After that, it'll
behave the way you expect.