This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Inconsistent "Unable to extract /usr/bin/ssh-agent.exe" message and disappearing files
- From: Jan Normann Nielsen <jan at dubbekarl dot dk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 14:10:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: Inconsistent "Unable to extract /usr/bin/ssh-agent.exe" message and disappearing files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Den 01-04-2017 kl. 14:34 skrev Andrey Repin:
Indeed it was my Avast Antivirus detecting an "IDP.Generic" threat. I've
reported it as a false positive to their website and hopefully this will
make the problem disappear for me and others in the near future. Thanks
for the assistance. :-)
After using Cygwin for a couple of years, suddenly today a lot of files
in my Cygwin folder were missing, most notably cygwin.bat and
bin/ssh-agent.exe. I have no idea what has happened, the files were
there yesterday. I don't remember if I did an update after yesterday's
use, but I certainly don't remember any errors occurring if I did. I
tried reinstalling the openssh package, but it refused to do so.
Unfortunately I didn't write down the error message but I suspect it was
the same as the one occurring below.
Assuming you run setup with elevated privileges… Sounds much like an
"antivirus" acting up.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple