This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: man page of CYGPORT(1) has an old content. should be updated.
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 02:35:44 -0600
- Subject: Re: man page of CYGPORT(1) has an old content. should be updated.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAB3+=VbhJa_x86KKk+q4QscrLubxhc4oq7BEz_J96D8E6S7firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-04-11 22:25, dodo . wrote:
> I report one thing about manpage for cygport.
> Man page CYGPORT(1) seems to show old content about 'all' COMMAND.
> According to manpage CYGPORT(1), 'all' COMMMAND means 'run all of
> the above, excluding finish.'
> However 'download' COMMAND is excepted on actual performing.
> Thus, source patching with $(PATCH_URI} does not perform.
> Latest README of cygport describes correct information.
> According to it, fetch(download) COMMAND is not included in 'all'.
> I think manpage CYGPORT(1) should be updated.
> Currently I am using Cygwin as follows.
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW turtle0 2.8.0(0.309/5/3) 2017-04-01 20:42 i686 Cygwin
> $ cygport --version
> cygport 0.24.0
Also available in /usr/share/doc/cygport/README, and the full manual
from by launching or running:
$ cygstart /usr/share/doc/cygport/html/manual/index.html
but those, usage, and manpage all omit some options, commands and
alternatives, and do not state the preconditions necessary for
commands to work, nor that steps already completed are skipped if the
command is almostall|all.
>From the current source, supported options are:
and commands are:
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple