This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: XWin focus in multiwindow mode
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Nicolas Goy <nicolas at goyman dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 12:51:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: XWin focus in multiwindow mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <em7c369e65-ca44-43bd-9f42-5c6ba83cf542@yoda>
On 14/04/2017 12:23, Nicolas Goy wrote:
I noticed that a few apps don't manage focus properly when running under
Given a focused X11 app, focusing a native Windows window, the focus is
not lost in the X11 window.
Steps to reproduce (with terminator):
- Start terminator under XWin with multiwindow window manager
- Focus a Windows window by clicking on it
- Focus should be lost from the terminator window
- The terminator window remains focused. (by focused I mean that the
caret remains plain, and the titlebar remains in the focused color, the
windows properly lose keyboard focus and other OS level focus)
Thanks for the detailed bug report.
It looks like we were never doing quite the right thing to remove the X
input focus when losing Windows focus.
I've uploaded xorg-server-1.19.3-1 with a fix for this.
Perhaps you could try that and see if it improves things for you?
- Also, if I open a menu (in android studio for example), and click a
Windows window, the menu remains open.
This is also a long standing bug, but is more complex to fix.
At the moment, clicks outside X windows aren't seen by the server at
all, hence this behaviour.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple