This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: What is the proper mailing list for server issues?
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:46:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: What is the proper mailing list for server issues?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 4/21/2017 2:35 AM, Greywolf wrote:
> I am having a server issue that neither I nor my ISP seem to be able to
> resolve with regards to connecting to Cygwin.com -- namely, only from my
> house, I get a 403 Forbidden.
This is _your_ problem. Something has caused you to not be able to
reach cygwin.com properly. What IP address does cygwin.com resolve to?
Does using the IP address directly work for you?
$ ping cygwin.com
Pinging cygwin.com [18.104.22.168] with 32 bytes of data:
> I've been round with my ISP and they are unable to reproduce the issue;
> the response I get from here is "contact your ISP". So who do I contact
> about this? Not being able to automagically fetch the mirror list is
> annoying, and not being able to reach the site to see about updates and
> such is similarly so.
Understandable but nothing we can do from here.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple