This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to debug XWin starting only sometimes?
- From: "Ian Lambert via cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com,Leon Meier <Leon dot Meier at yandex dot ru>
- Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 16:33:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: How to debug XWin starting only sometimes?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Ian Lambert <ian dot lambert_42 at yahoo dot com>
On May 1, 2017 11:19:59 AM EDT, Leon Meier <Leon.Meier> wrote:
>Starting startxwin from mintty actually succeeds (always or at least
>more often than starting through the shortcut).
This has been my experience as well. Not much recently, but now and then the black X appears, but the xdg-menu does not. Kill everything, start over, and it works. I don't use the start menu X shortcut, only mintty, then startxwin.
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple