This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Latest Git-2.12.2 cannot install python packages for pip
- From: ankostis <ankostis at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 21:06:36 +0200
- Subject: Latest Git-2.12.2 cannot install python packages for pip
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Windows, with Cygwin-git 2.12.2 the python command:
pip install git+https://github.com/...
fails to work with the following error:
$ pip install git+https://github.com/ipython/traitlets/
Cloning https://github.com/ipython/traitlets/ to c:\users\username\appdata
fatal: Invalid path '/cygdrive/d/Work/ALLINONES2/co2mpas_AIO-v1.6.0/CO2MPA
S/C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-kjwxq_oy-build': No such file or di
git clone -q https://github.com/ipython/traitlets/ C:\Users\user\AppData\L
ocal\Temp\pip-kjwxq_oy-build" failed with error code 128 in None
- Git-2.8.3 had no such problem.
- MSYS2 Git-12.2.1 also has no such problem.
Thank you for your efforts,
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple