This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: sqlite3-3.16.2-1 for Cygwin/Cygwin64
- From: Jan Nijtmans <jan dot nijtmans at gmail dot com>
- To: Nem W Schlecht <nem at emptec dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 10:26:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: sqlite3-3.16.2-1 for Cygwin/Cygwin64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce.CAO1jNwtMdP72DvDnby-EB_=wLfRM2F_7WHb5SmjL3VaqtLJ0Kw@mail.gmail.com> <CA+2x6-K6ZDgfui0KLD7Rg+_NnE8cvdkG6UJi8TBZKUyR4vRhZQ@mail.gmail.com>
2017-05-01 20:55 GMT+02:00 Nem W Schlecht:
> I don't see an update announcement for SQLite beyond this one, but its
> now at 3.18.0-1 and the readline library was *NOT* compiled into it,
> so there's no decent command line editing. I backed mine out to
> 3.16.2-1, but whomever is maintaining this, it would be nice if
> readline was included and a new release of 3.18 was made.
Thanks for your report. I'll have a look. It looks like 3.19 will be
there soon as well: <https://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/current.html>
I'll double-check that libreadline will be compiled-in correctly.
B.T.W: You can leave "sqlite3" at 3.16.2 and still upgrade all other
related packages (such as libsqlite3_0) to 3.18. Then you will
have all new features, and still run the old shell (which is just a thin
wrapper around libsqlite3_0 and - actually - didn't change at all in
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple