Re: when I try to open file with another user on CYGWIN , I get access denied message

On 2017-05-16 02:12, Alex wrote:
> I have windows 2008 server and external partner requested me to install
> CGYWIN on it so they can send a file to via SSH. I created a domain user
> called test1 and they sent me the public key and installed home folder.
> They can send the file without any problem. I can able to read and
> delete if I login to windows server with test1 username.
> My problem is I can not open that files with another username. I have a
> username call test2 and I need to login to windows server with this
> username and run the script to import the files from test1 folder. I got
> access denied message when I try to open it.
> file permission show ;
> -rwx------
> I changed the umask in profile to 002 , but did not fix the problem.
> Any idea?
> By the way I have a little knowledge of linux

You would have to change umask in sshd's user's profile to perhaps have
any effect.

You may want to check the receiving directory DACLs with getfacl .../
and if necessary change them with setfacl -m d:g::r--,d:o::r-- if only
data is being transferred to that directory.

Removing directory DACLs e.g. with setfacl -bk .../ can stop Windows
programs being able to read or write directories or contents.

Get them to set the permissions chmod +r on the source if possible,
and send with scp -p.