This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: When running exec('rsync') with PHP, getting Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet.
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Björn Tantau <cygwin at s dot bjoern-tantau dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 15:30:03 +0300
- Subject: Re: When running exec('rsync') with PHP, getting Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1j.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <C34939E9-7140-4ED4-9533-DC907EB25FD6@s.bjoern-tantau.de> <7C541C91-D8B4-44A7-B1FF-AB7F706C9D30@s.bjoern-tantau.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Björn Tantau!
> Sorry for the missing cygcheck.out, the Spamfilter wouldn't let me pass.
> Every package is up to date.
> rsync 3.1.2
> php 7.0.19
> mysql 10.1.19-MariaDB
> I encountered a rather strange PHP bug I could only reproduce in cygwin
> (32 Bit and 64 Bit).
> If you have a working MySQL-Connection and then run exec('rsync')
exec()'ing anything from PHP, especially from PHP running on a webserver is a
very, very, very bad idea.
> the next Query produces the Warning:
> PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=15036 in
> /home/limora/test.php on line 5
> So far I could reproduce this with the MariaDB from cygwin as well as
> xampp, so I guess it's not a MySQL problem. I was only able to reproduce
> this with rsync so far and no other cli program.
> I'm completely stumped as to what could be causing this.
I could guess some possibilities, but I'd like to see settings first.
With best regards,
Thursday, May 18, 2017 15:23:00
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple