Re: When running exec('rsync') with PHP, getting Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet.

Am 2017-05-18 14:30, schrieb Andrey Repin:
I encountered a rather strange PHP bug I could only reproduce in cygwin
(32 Bit and 64 Bit).
If you have a working MySQL-Connection and then run exec('rsync')

exec()'ing anything from PHP, especially from PHP running on a webserver is a
very, very, very bad idea.

I know, I know. This is actually a CLI script. The production server where this is from is actually not allowed to exec anything.

the next Query produces the Warning:
PHP Warning:  Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=15036 in
/home/limora/test.php on line 5

Show the

See the attached phpinfo.txt.

And in reply to Brian Inglis (I had only subscribed to the list from my work account, but stupid Outlook gets caught in the spam filter): It also happens with valid rsync calls and it doesn't happen with other programs that error out.