This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: setup-x86.exe default view
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at conduent dot com>
- To: Sky Diver <skydivergm at gmail dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 12:40:47 +0000
- Subject: RE: setup-x86.exe default view
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Kenneth dot Nellis at conduent dot com;
- References: <CADWQZEvTJ4tR+X=HXW34KQHQA1hMoUQopjTw5k50ePXa44kTYg@mail.gmail.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
From: Sky Diver
> Actually, the preferred user experience would be to:
> 1. Start in Category view
> 2. Select whatever packages to install/remove/etc.
> 3. Click "Next"
> 4. Have the Pending view show up in order to review whatever is going
> to be installed.
> 5. Have the option to Approve / Cancel / Go Back
I am perfectly happy with the current Setup; however I would
be surprised if the typical user did not launch Setup mainly
to update packages already installed. Accordingly, Pending is
the logical view to show first. But I recognize that it would
be good to also show Pending as the last stage before actual
installation. Therefore, if changes are made to Setup, perhaps
start with Pending. If anything is added or deleted by going
off the Pending view, then Next should take you back to
Pending for a final review before actual installation.