This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 5 seconds to update link info?
- From: Richard H Lee <ricardohenrylee at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 23:01:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: 5 seconds to update link info?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 19/05/2017 22:37, Andrey Repin wrote:
When executed this oneliner over Samba 4.3 network share, it takes 5
seconds to match the newly created hardlink. I'm wondering if this is
Cygwin, Samba or Windows networking issue?
I think it's something to do with windows name resolution.
You should see a similar delay.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple