This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
crash on environment name beginning with non-ASCII char (64 bit)
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 22:04:21 +0200
- Subject: crash on environment name beginning with non-ASCII char (64 bit)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
If an environment variable is set in the Windows environment that has a
name beginning with a non-ASCII character (e.g. "äx", value "test"),
initialising the 64-bit cygwin dll fails:
*** fatal error - internal error reading the windows environment - too
many environment variables?
No problem with the 32-bit dll. Also 64-bit works e.g. with a variable
name of "aäx".
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple