This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with ssh-host-config and /var/run directory
- From: Hans-Bernhard Bröker <HBBroeker at t-online dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 22:57:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problems with ssh-host-config and /var/run directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <59272F87.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am 25.05.2017 um 21:24 schrieb Henning Peters:
I switched from 32bit to 64 bis a week ago, moved "cygwin" to "cygwin32" and
reinstalled from scratch into a new "cygwin" directory.
I don't think that was a good strategy. Cygwin does use some registry
entries pointing to absolute paths, i.e. you cannot just move a cygwin
installation around and expect it to still work, just like that. That
means your 32-bit Cygwin installation is now most likely quite broken,
and I won't even speculate on the possible havoc running the orphaned
32-bit tools will cause in the 64-bit install now occupying their place.
Just installing the 64-bit version to a new, aptly named folder
cygwin64, would have been both simpler, and more likely to work.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple