This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
System crontab with username containing a space
- From: Gene Pavlovsky <gene dot pavlovsky at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 01:19:38 +0200
- Subject: System crontab with username containing a space
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hey folks :)
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I've got a user account on a
remote PC which contains a space in the username, i.e. "Test
I've set up Cygwin and cron, and am having problems with the system crontab.
I can't figure out how to put the username in there, I've tried it as
is, with \ escaping the space, enclosing in double quotes. The jobs
just don't get executed. There is no error message in cronevents. The
jobs are implementation of cron.hourly, cron.daily etc. - I really
don't want to put them in user's crontab which would contain more
Does cron support spaces in username in the system crontab? If so, how
to escape them?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple