Re: Installing sshd on W7 reveals errors in CSIH_SCRIPT -- patch file against master

On Jun  7 20:17, Houder wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 16:35:57, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > > Sigh! ... it has been years and YEARS! since I exercised git. So I attemp=
> > ted
> > > to do what you are asking for ...
> > >=20
> > >  - cloned csih
> > >  - branched
> > >  - created TWO fixes in that branch
> > >  - invoked 'git format-patch -n HEAD^^' # which is completely new to
> > >=20
> > > Two files were created ... I included them here. Sufficient?
> >
> > Well, this is pretty awkward.  I have to extract the patches from the
> > mail and apply them then.  It's easier to have them as *real* attachments,
> > or just sent as patch series by `git send-email'C, so they apply without
> > having to edit them.
>
> Sorry ...
>
> My regular MUA does not support 'In-Reply-to' ...
>
> Therefore I cannot use my regular MUA, as I am NOT subcribed to the list; for
> this reason, I make use of a kludge, which allows me to respond to the thread.

`git send-email' creates the correct information automatically and it
doesn't use your MUA at all, so that's the easiest way to send patches
to a list, usually.

> However this kludge does not support sending attachments.
>
> Next time I will do both. Respond to the thread with a reply that will refer
> to a message (sent by my regular MUA) which will have the attachements.
>
> Would that fullfil all requirements?

It's not about "requirements" per se, it's just about making the stuff
easy for the typical, lazy maintainer ;)

Corinna

Red Hat