This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygserver - Postgres Multiple connection Load Testing - Inifinte Loop
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 01:32:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygserver - Postgres Multiple connection Load Testing - Inifinte Loop
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <200408030333.i733XEXn023894@mx3.redhat.com> <20040803100612.GP31522@cygbert.vinschen.de> <20170321025614.GA2100214@tornado.leadboat.com> <20170324171101.GI29995@calimero.vinschen.de> <20170328052652.GA2351961@tornado.leadboat.com> <20170402023624.GA2561924@tornado.leadboat.com> <20170507032747.GA876495@rfd.leadboat.com> <590E98DD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/05/2017 05:47, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 05/06/2017 11:27 PM, Noah Misch wrote:
On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 10:36:24PM -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 01:26:52AM -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 06:11:01PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I pushed a patchset now, and uploaded new developer snapshots for
testing to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
Please give it a try
I call the cygwin-20170324 freezes "limited" because the symptoms
the classic freeze I described upthread. "strace /bin/true" and "cat
/proc/sysvipc/sem" do not hang, but every PostgreSQL backend process
waiting on a synchronization primitive.
I can distill another self-contained test case for the limited
freeze seen in
cygwin-20170324, but that make take awhile. I'm sending this early
you're aware of the possible regression in cygwin-20170324.
I'm attaching a new test program that demonstrates the regression.
test program created sixteen processes that each picked a random
lock. Now, each process picks two semaphores and locks them in
proceeds smoothly on GNU/Linux and on cygwin-20170321.tar.xz
"cygserver -r 40".
It freezes within one second on cygwin-20170324.tar.xz "cygserver -r
I suggest reverting the cygwin-20170324 cygserver changes for now. Older
versions can be configured to have reliable sysv semaphores, but I
settings render sysv semaphores reliable in Cygwin 2.8.0. What do you
Just FYI, Corinna is away for a bit (in European time, "a bit" = until
June ;-) ) so don't be surprised if her response is delayed.
as she is back, we can humble rise her attention to the matter.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple