This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: setup (2.880)
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at conduent dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 19:27:57 +0300
- Subject: Re: Updated: setup (2.880)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp3o.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <BN6PR2001MB1074EC3E693F81EDBB46E47FF1C40@BN6PR2001MB1074.namprd20.prod.outlook.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Nellis, Kenneth!
> wget -O $name --quiet http://cygwin.com/$name || exit
Do not use wget -O name unless you have no other choice.
The construction is essentially equal to
wget -O - --quiet http://cygwin.com/$name > "$name"
Means, it will never allow -N to work. (When -O given, -N is silently
> ...but Windows complained about the file format when I tried to launch
> it. Then "file" told me...
> $ file *.exe
> setup-x86_64.exe: gzip compressed data, from Unix
> ...so I added suffix .gz and then used (actually) WinZip to unzip
> it, and it created a working setup.exe.
> So, is this new behavior? Is it to be expected going forward?
Not confirming, my installation went smooth, I barely noticed the setup
update. (Yes, I'm running it via script too.)
With best regards,
Monday, June 19, 2017 19:23:55
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple