This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: git-2.12.3-1: Cannot push to a remote with a Windows network path URL
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Jonathan Chan <jdc dot d3v at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 12:29:53 +0300
- Subject: Re: git-2.12.3-1: Cannot push to a remote with a Windows network path URL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1o.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <CAN7+SyJeqSOK+y_0PoTJZDiJf5V6LQWhk_6x_Ac+=uYHnOs8mw@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Jonathan Chan!
> After updating to git-2.12.3-1, I have been unable to push to a remote
> with a Windows network path URL:
> $ git push origin
> Counting objects: 3, done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 273 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
> Total 3 (delta 1), reused 1 (delta 0)
> remote: error: object directory
> /network/path/to/git-repository/objects does not exist; check
> remote: fatal: unresolved deltas left after unpacking
> error: remote unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
> To file:////network/path/to/git-repository
> ! [remote rejected] master -> master (unpacker error)
> error: failed to push some refs to
Your URL is invalid.
> - Fetching works
> - Pushing works if I use EGit (in Eclipse)
> - Pushing works if I change the remote URL to use a drive mapped to
> the network path
> Additional searching turned up Issue #979 on git-for-windows:
> Issue #979 appears to have been fixed in git and included in
> 2.11.1..2.13.1 releases:
> I did not encounter this behavior prior to git-2.12.2-1. This is for x86_64.
With best regards,
Friday, June 23, 2017 12:28:54
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple