Re: rxvt won't stay running

On 22/06/2017 21:00, Mike Brown wrote:
On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 09:12:45AM -0500, Ren?? Berber wrote:
On 6/22/2017 4:45 AM, Mike Brown wrote:
I've installed the latest (as of this writing) Cygwin base and a few other
Any ideas why it is failing?  Something you need me to look at?  It isn't
anything in the home files that I copied over from the XP box, because before
I did that, I tried starting and it flashed and died.

A long time ago rxvt changed from supporting Windows (native) to only
working under X-Windows (a.k.a. Cygwin/X or equivalent).

Ah, so in a galaxy far, far, away, it just might work. :-)

Thanks for the reason it no longer works.

To be clear: rxvt still works as an X terminal (although if you have need of such a thing, I'd strongly suggest you stop using rxvt and instead use something which has had release this decade, e.g. urxvt)

If you want a windows terminal, use mintty.