This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiled programs fail to run from Cygwin Terminal, but work from windows cmd
- From: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:49:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: Compiled programs fail to run from Cygwin Terminal, but work from windows cmd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANZ2p_ckjzWEp0uPoJ8MAXh=0B6ZhWQVt9v_NmsFP-fpoX-sEg@mail.gmail.com> <87tw34xy9e.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:33:17, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Wouter van Doorn writes:
> Your strace shows that you're getting the following exception on loading
> one of the Windows DLL or just after an attempt to do that:
> C0000096: STATUS_PRIVILEGED_INSTRUCTION
> Executing an instruction not allowed in current machine mode.
> You might want to look if Windows' Event Viewer has something more
> useful on this error.
> Other than that, it appears you have installed Cygwin using a
> non-administrator account (which may or may not correlate with your
> problem), you are apparently using a program TVexe that might doing
> strange things and your PATH is complete bunk. Since you're using a
Achim vraagt je hier beleefd om PATH te beperken tot uitluitend paden,
die Cygwin betreffen ... ;-)
> 64bit OS you'd have much less chances of encountering problems using a
> 64bit Cygwin I'd think.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple