This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe problem in wine
- From: Richard Z <rz at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 13:31:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup.exe problem in wine
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170630112619.GA11464@rz.localhost.localdomain> <20170630124425.GB11464@rz.localhost.localdomain> <CAPF-yOYqNHULYGaGBx4hhBGJCubxk_-_vy7sM5B+5u6daXX6Gg@mail.gmail.com>
On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 07:45:34AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
thanks for the tipps and trying..
> There were lots of complaints from setup.exe (not wine) of the sort
> AddAccessAllowedAceEx(C:\cygwin64/etc/setup, group) failed: 1337
> but those can probably be ignored.
> Default install seemed to go quite well, at least until the
> postinstall scripts ran;
> each one of them complained about a stack overflow, but the gui continued:
almost same here but it was "page fault on read access to 0x00000001",
the difference might be because I am trying the 32bit mode.
> Well, shoot. So I tried again with WINEDEBUG=+relay to get a log of
> system calls,
> Wading through the noise, I saw two interesting things:
strangely WINEDEBUG does nothing for me.
I have added the info to https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=40528
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple