This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
GCC Compiler can't seem to find linker
- From: starz0rdesign at openmailbox dot org
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 16:52:10 -0500
- Subject: GCC Compiler can't seem to find linker
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm having a bit of an issue trying to compile LibArchive 3.3.1 for
Windows. I have Mingw64 with GCC7.1 installed to prevent the Cygwin
installer from linking it's DLL. At the end of the make process I seem
to get this error:
make: Entering directory '/home/nobodyimportant/libarchive-3.3.1'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:3334: libarchive.la] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/nobodyimportant/libarchive-3.3.1'
make: *** [Makefile:2929: all] Error 2
I can't tell what it's caused by, or what it wants because the error is
so vague, is there something I can do to get this to compile?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple