This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Symantec Says setup-x86_64.exe is "Untrustworthy"
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 11:14:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: Symantec Says setup-x86_64.exe is "Untrustworthy"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
> When I try to download setup-x86_64.exe from
> (https://www.cygwin.com/install.html), my version of Symantec (Version
> 12.1.6(12.1 RU6 MP5) build 7004 (12.1.7004.6500)) says “There is strong
> evidence that this file is untrustworthy”. It then deletes the file.
> Note, it does NOT get upset at the 32-bit version (setup-x86.exe).
Yeah, this bit me too, and I apparently didn't have enough rights to add an
exception. I worked around it by downloading an older version of setup from
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple