This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Redirection to stderr
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: cygwin-mailinglist <cygwin-mailinglist at schneiderp dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:55:36 +0300
- Subject: Re: Redirection to stderr
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp4o.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> On Mon, July 10, 2017 12:33, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> On 10/07/2017 11:06, cygwin-mailinglist wrote:
>>> Rationale aside, it is a bug, isn't it?
>> I guess a side effect of a lost race.
> Which race, exactly?
echo aaa > a
cat a > a
>> Redirecting something on itself it is not guarantee to work.
> I'm not sure it is on itself. Are these not two different streams?
With best regards,
Monday, July 10, 2017 15:54:58
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple