This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Request to the git maintainer
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:45:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: Request to the git maintainer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <87a84cxcos.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 7/10/2017 4:24 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Eliot Moss writes:
Dear maintainer of git ....
I use CrashPlan as my backup engine. It has difficulty backing up
files with no "other" access. Many git locale (.mo) and doc-related
files have permissions 600 (directories 700). Is there a good reason
for this? I would think that 644 and 755 access would be fine for
these files, and it would prevent the problems I see with CrashPlan.
That's an upstream build system bug. Some of the installation scripts
use cp instead of install and that in turn makes them dependent on umask
(which doesn't get set aywhere I can easily find). I guess Adam could
work around that by setting 'umask 022' in the cygport file, but it
really should be fixed in git.git.
So should I post a request there, or should Adam?
Regards - Eliot
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple