This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Unable to download Cygwin from dedicated server
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 20:03:53 -0600
- Subject: Re: Unable to download Cygwin from dedicated server
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <207FEE13-FDB7-4433-9734-10371486979B@whc.ca>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-07-10 10:21, Simon Choucroun wrote:
> We are renting a dedicated server at OVH Canada. For some reason, we get a
> 403 forbidden when trying to either download or visit Cygwin.com from the
> dedicated server. Can someone please take a look at this? The IP is 184.108.40.206
First rule of server config is no internet access.
First rule of server network config is block everything.
Everything else often has to be explicitly set up with holes poked in firewalls.
You may have to route connections over a tunnel to your own network then outward.
Contact your vendor for support.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple