This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Starting from a Windows Command Prompt
- From: Ugly Leper <ugly dot leper at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 07:16:48 +0100
- Subject: Starting from a Windows Command Prompt
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Starting from a Windows Command Prompt, and using a syntax recommended
from years ago I still start a bash shell with
start /wait bin\bash (i.e. not just bin\bash)
and a mintty shell with
start bin\mintty (i.e. not just bin\mintty)
and yet experiment shows that both simplified forms in brackets "work".
Am I gaining / losing anything by sticking with the older longer
syntax, or can I just dive in, as in brackets?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple