This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: readshortcut fails on file name
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:52:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: readshortcut fails on file name
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BN6PR2001MB1074DC2F3B88B18AA8A7EE0CF1E60@BN6PR2001MB1074.namprd20.prod.outlook.com> <email@example.com>
Am 16.05.2017 um 21:53 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
I seem to have forgotten to provide this. I had meanwhile reworked
mkshortcut for full Unicode support as well.
Am 16.05.2017 um 21:14 schrieb Nellis, Kenneth:
I have a Windows shortcut with Unicode character U+2013 (EN DASH) in
readshortcut fails to read it, but if I rename it removing the EN DASH,
readshortcut reads it correctly.
I have a patched version of readshortcut that fully supports Unicode.
I will provide it in a few days.
Actually, I have it waiting for contribution for a while already, but
did not find time yet to patch mkshortcut as well...
Uploaded now as http://towo.net/cygwin/shortcuts.zip
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple