This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: readshortcut fails on file name
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 16:57:12 -0600
- Subject: Re: readshortcut fails on file name
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BN6PR2001MB1074DC2F3B88B18AA8A7EE0CF1E60@BN6PR2001MB1074.namprd20.prod.outlook.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-07-18 14:52, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 16.05.2017 um 21:53 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
>> Am 16.05.2017 um 21:14 schrieb Nellis, Kenneth:
>>> I have a Windows shortcut with Unicode character U+2013 (EN DASH) in its name.
>>> readshortcut fails to read it, but if I rename it removing the EN DASH,
>>> readshortcut reads it correctly.
>> I have a patched version of readshortcut that fully supports Unicode.
>> I will provide it in a few days.
>> Actually, I have it waiting for contribution for a while already, but did not
>> find time yet to patch mkshortcut as well...
> I seem to have forgotten to provide this. I had meanwhile reworked mkshortcut
> for full Unicode support as well.
> Uploaded now as http://towo.net/cygwin/shortcuts.zip
Link gets 1&1 404 page.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple