This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin strptime() is missing "%s" which strftime() has
- From: "Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <lavr at ncbi dot nlm dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:45:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: Cygwin strptime() is missing "%s" which strftime() has
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=lavr at ncbi dot nlm dot nih dot gov;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
> Demand. I patches strftime to add %s because Coreutils wanted it. But
> coreutils doesn't use strptime, so I had no reason to add it.
Well, I was bringing up a point of API inconsistency, hoping that it'd serve as an
implicit request for an improvement so that strptime() gets its "%s"...
Maybe coreutils did not need "%s" for strptime, but dateutils certainly do, as:
> date +"%s" | strptime "%s"
does not work on Cygwin. That looks odd.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple